Bobo2fine, The Desperate Popularity Seeker

He said he wanted to break the Guinness World Records. I asked him how he's gonna do that when nobody knows him beyond the confinement of his small village. He said whether he's in the remotest part of the World or not that the world must hear about this particular exploit he's gonna do.

I was curious and insistent at the same time. I wanted to know what he's up to. So, I told him to spare me the suspense and went ahead to do what he claimed would break the Guinness World Records.

Consequently, he asked me to wait and see what he's gonna do in the next couple of minutes. Needless to say, I was highly curious and excited. Then, he entered his room, and went straight to his wardrobe made of bamboo sticks and fetched some money from his wallet and dashed outside to Mama Edo's Provisions store which was only a stone throw from his house.

At this juncture, a nasty thought flashed through my mind. I hope this boy's plans is not suicidal o! I thought to myself while waiting to witness what he's up to.

Before I could say Jack Robinson, he's back. He had a black poly bag in his hand with stuffs inside. My curiousity gave me no room to remember to welcome him.

"I'm back to prove to you that i'm a man of my words." he said while trying to bring out the contents of the bag. "And that's what I am waiting to see." I responded.

Then, he brought out a loaf of bread first, thrust his hand again inside the bag and brought out what forced a total blank expression on my curious countenance. "And what are you gonna do with Bread and Hot Dry Gin (Akaikai)?" I blurted out.

"Hahahaaaaaaa...you neva chi chum chin" he laughed and responded jocosely. "Bobo2fine don't tell me you wanna embark on some stupid adventures. See let me tell you, if you do anything stupid don't tell anybody that I was here o." I retorted.

But before I could drop my lips, he had already unravelled the loaf of bread, and was now trying to uncork the bottle of Hot Dry Gin (Akaikai). I was stunned.
Then he stood up and removed his smart phone from the rafters of his roof where he hid it and handed it to me and said: "Guy abeg give me some nice shots as I treat myself to this uncommon and sumptuous delicacy so I could share it on my Facebook timeline and on my Instagram page."

Needless to say I was shocked. I thought to myself; it seems this guy has Gone Bananas! How can he resort to eating Bread and Hot Dry Gin all in the name of Breaking Guinness World Records?

I know you want to know if I actually collected the phone from him to give him some nice shots as he'd demanded. Yes!

Reluctantly, I collected the phone from him and began to snap while he displayed different poses with the loaf of bread and bottle of Hot Dry Gin in his mouth. When i was done, he said: "Thank you Mr doubting Thomas, just wait and see if these photos will not go viral on social media within a couple of minutes from now. You know Everybody wants to be popular at all cost and that's the reason they do strange things, so I can't be left out when there are so many strange things I could do to gain popularity too. Just dey dia de dull yourself nah!"

At hearing this, it dawned on me that the Urge to become Popular can be very Dangerous. It can make Normal People begin to behave Abnormally.

However, to be candid with you I think Bobo2fine has really gone nuts because his quest for popularity is atrociously weird.

2 comments:

  1. Lol.... Nice writeup can u email me?
    upper10@naij.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sir Miles for stopping by to leave a comment on my piece.

      You can reach me with aniexcels@naij.com.

      Delete

Please do not hesitate to leave your comments.

Powered by Blogger.