The Market Women's In-law

At the local markets in my area, if you're a man you're an in-law to all the market women that sell various wares and commodities there whether you like it or not.

Go to the market now, you'll hear all of them calling you: "My Inlaw! My handsome Inlaw!! My handsomer Inlaw!! My handsomest Inlaw!!! Please bring your bag, please bring your bag nah, I'll treat you well! Eyah, are you not going to marry my daughter again?"

They do all these because they want you to patronize them. Good strategy? I don't think so.

However, the simple truth is that they'll never pray for their daughters to marry most of these men and boys they call their Inlaws because even if someone is deaf and dumb or blind or is an imbecile they'll still call him Inlaw at the market. There's no denying that any of them would want her daughter to marry a mentally or physically challenged person.

Furthermore, some people say that it's a productive business strategy they have used for years...woman must sell nah! Business strategy indeed!

However, I personally refused to be teased and enticed by them. Why? Make dem no go use those sweet tongues of theirs fool me come pack rotten stuffs full my bag while ah dey dia de daydream about marrying their invisible daughters.

More so, I'm always very careful not to leave any portion of my six senses in the house whenever I go to the market.
If you doubt me, give me a call so that we arrange a meeting day for the market adventure.

No comments

Please do not hesitate to leave your comments.

Powered by Blogger.