The Unforgettable Nightmare


One day, I had a nightmare and it appeared that the world was divided into two parts with a very high wall that reaches to the heaven as a demarcation and women were kept in one part while men were kept in the other and the women were like: "We don't have to worry ourselves, it's obvious our men cannot survive over there without us, they will surely look for a way to break this wall so they could reach us here."

And the men in their own part were like: "We know our women very well, they cannot survive a day or two over there without us, they will definitely look for a way to reach out to us here. So, we don't have to panic."

At this juncture, I startled and woke up. Guess what I did as I woke up; I rushed to my sister's room to confirm if they are there. On getting there, I couldn't find any of them. What? This can't be true! I told myself. At this point, my heart beat was pulsating faster than normal.
I was about to make a dash to my mom's room when I heard sounds of footsteps from the corridor. I paused to check out what's going to appear. Behold! these were my sisters; they were returning from the lavatory where they went to ease themselves.

So, it's all a nightmare! I blurted out in a heavy panting tone to the hearing of my sisters. What happened brother? they asked in unison.
Don't worry, I'm okay. You girls should just go back to bed. I'll take care of myself. I managed to reply, still panting like a prey that just escaped from the attack of a lion.
Five minutes had gone by before I could regain consciousness after my sisters had returned to bed.

However, in the morning when I narrated the story to everyone in the house I was surprised at how I was being booed and jeered at for a nightmare I didn't invoke neither did I know who invoked it. They reminded me of my previous wild speculations, one of which is "They could be a time when there would be no night so we could rest and we would have to work nonstop without feeling any pains."

That's when I realized how funny and embarrassing nightmares could be. 


2 comments:

  1. I really love your site.. Pleasant colors & theme. Did you develop this amazing site yourself?
    Please reply back as I'm attempting to create my
    own personal website and would like to find out where you got this from or
    what the theme is called. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your visit to my site and your compliment.

    Talking about the site's templates, truth is that I'm not its original developer, but I did a lot of work editing it to my taste. However, the edited template is up for grabs if you ever need it. You can always contact me using any of the contact medium you find convenient on this blog.

    ReplyDelete

Please do not hesitate to leave your comments.

Powered by Blogger.